Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Day 2 of 4 - Feb 28, 2017

Yesterday evening I had a bout with indigestion.  I drunk mint tea and green tea to but still no comfort, finally I settled for 2 TUMS... Sometimes when I force myself to drink water it can happen, I'll watch it closely today.

Sometimes the first day is the hardest because mentally you're thinking about the food you'r giving up, but I wasn't hungry.  Staying busy usually helps, especially when you're smelling food from the kitchen.  What I have learnt is that you shouldn't fight the  smell of food, but embrace it.  When I'm smelling something that really smells good, I try to inhale it deeply and then I tell myself when i go back to eating, I will have the same thing for lunch.  It's all a mental game.  I know I'm not going to have it for lunch or dinner because I'm too lazy to cook whatever it is I'm smelling, and if it's fast food, I promised myself not to eat fast food, but because I'm not fighting it, or denying myself the pleasure of thinking about consuming the food at a later date, it seems to go pretty well.

Yesterday I watched a Domino's Pizza commercial, I can't wait for the weekend where I can bite into a nice cheesy pizza topped with pepperoni.... (smile).

I weighed myself this morning at 166.8, yesterday I was 169.  I'm going to have to accept the fact that as I get older the pounds won't melt away as fast (sob), but at least they're melting and I'm grateful. It's going to take me a while to reach my goal weight of 150.  During my 'eat' days I'm going to have to be a bit more cautious.

Will it be possible for me to lose 16 lbs in 10 wks?

No comments:

Post a Comment