Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Day 3 of 4 - Mar 1, 2017

I still seem to be having problems with indigestion, not as bad but it's persistent, plus this morning I feel bloated (ugh).

What I find amazing is the energy level, I went home and did some painting and afterwards some course work before flopping out on the bed.  Woke up this morning full of energy, ready to go. :-)

This morning I weighed in at 166.

Doing the lemonade diet this way is a slow process, and I'm only looking to lose perhaps .5lbs to 1.5lbs per week, but the great thing about doing it this way is that I become more aware of what I eat when I eat and I don't over eat.

When I did this a few years back my only cravings were for chicken and salad, every Saturday and sometimes Sunday's during my eating days I had chicken and salad that went on for months.  And I'm now having those same cravings.  I want a chef salad or chicken with salad.  Sure when I'm smelling food or walking pass a bakery I might desire something more but in the evenings I find myself longing for a nice big salad filled with all the trimmings.  So this weekend I'm dying to have a filling salad, with lots of kale & spinach....

I'm a junk-aholic when it comes to junk food, especially chips, so I was a bit shocked when I saw a commercial with Lays and the first thing that came to my mind was 'oily chips'.

I think another reason this worked so well with me when I did it before is because I told myself I could eat anything I wanted on the weekend so long as I got back with the diet on Monday, it really makes you feel better knowing you can eat to your heart content Monday - Friday (or Thursday).  You find you don't won't half the stuff you were craving during the week, but you can eat it if you want on the weekend.  It's a mind game that keeps you from feeling deprived.  :-)

I never get tired of reading Chioma Okoli blog, definitely keeps me motivated.

==============

It's now lunch and I'm smelling homemade biscuits, with ham, drizzled with honey and a pat of butter.....is it my imagination?  I'm talking those melt in your mouth buttermilk biscuits my aunt use to make when I was younger.  I remember the first time I tasted her biscuits.  I begged my aunt to make 12 biscuits just for me.  Oh, they were the best.  Maybe I'll have biscuits and ham on Saturday.  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment