Friday, February 3, 2017

PREPPING FOR MY15-DAY LEMONADE DIET JOURNEY

It's Friday, February 3, 2017 and I decided to embark on the Lemonade Diet.

I'm 5'2" size 12/14 my goal is to fit comfortably in a 9/10 by the end of April.  While everyone else is probably prepping to begin the Daniel Fast, I've opted to do the Lemonade Diet.  That's because around my b'day in November and the Christmas Holiday I went on a eating binge, partly because I knew I was going to start dieting during the New Year and partly because I discovered Klondike Bars, fell in love with them, and found myself consuming 2 bars a day.  YIKES!  I packed on the pounds and begin to develop unhealthy eating habits.

During the New Year I made a resolution to refrain from eating/drinking the below foods for 3 months.  It's been 34 days and so far I've managed to stick with it.

- Chips/Crackers
- Cakes/Cookies/Pasteries
- Chocolates/Candy
- Processed meats (ham, turkey, etc.)
- Tea/Coffee/Sodas
- White bread or store bought bread, rolls, muffins, etc.

I suffered withdrawal headaches for 3 days, but it's always a good feeling when you realize you're no longer being controlled by food.

By the end of January I realized I was consuming lots of homemade bran & oat bread usually having 2 slices of toast in the morning and then a sandwich for lunch (maybe because I was baking the bread too :-).  So on January 30th I reduced my consumption of bread to just 2 slices a day.

To be honest although I've reduced my intake of junk foods I generally feel bloated every day, which is another reason for me wanting to start this diet.  The lemonade diet will give me a jump start to a better and healthier way of eating.

Today I prepped myself to give up eating sunflower seeds to reduce my intake of sodium.  I usually keep a pack of seeds at the office, in my car and at home.  I don't want to have strong withdrawal symptoms from salt so I felt it best that I try to get it out of my system now before I start my diet on Monday.

My goal is 15 days, but I'm hoping I can make it to 20 days.  My journey will begin on Monday, Feb 6th and I'll try to make sure I post my struggles and successes everyday and post pictures.

Tomorrow I go shopping for my food, oops, I mean lemons  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment