Thursday, March 23, 2017

Watermelon Diet 3.23.17

It's been an extremely busy week.  I've been meaning to post but something always came up or I was just too tired to turn on my computer.

My last post was Monday, where I weighed in at 161.4.
Tuesday - 160.4
Wednesday - 163.4
Thursday - 159

I'm sure you're looking at Wednesday and saying Whoa!  Unfortunately I got side tracked.  We held an award ceremony on Tuesday at the office which included lunch.   And of course, you know who, was responsible for putting it together.

I busy and hungry all day, with nothing to drink but a cup of green tea.  I had brought my watermelon to eat on, but running up & down prevented me from doing that.  Sooooo, by the time the event was over I found myself in line with fish & coleslaw on my plate along with a bun.  Not too bad, but later the awardees cut their cake, and who was standing by to get a slice???? You got it, me.

 Actually, I'm not too disappointed in myself.  I think I did well controlling my intake of food, it's just that I really didn't want the cake, and I should have remembered my watermelon, but I succumbed to cake.  :-(  I'm so angry, because my New Year's resolution was to refrain from eating cake, cookies, etc. until April...I came soooo close.

But what I'm thankful for is that I now realize I definitely need to work on resisting eating foods or junk that I'm really not into eating.  Once I come off of this lemonade / watermelon diet I want to make sure I know how to control my intake of food.  It's going to take a while for me to do that, and I think a lot of it can be controlled mentally.  Learning to say NO.

Take last night, one of my friends came by and she knows I love chips, so what did she bring for me to munch on while we talked...chips.  I so, wanted to put my hand in that bag and stuff my mouth, but after some thought  I just said no.  At one point I wanted to take out a chip and just lick the bbq seasoning off of it, but I stood strong, well maybe a little stooped, but I didn't give it.  I was actually proud of myself for being able to stare down those spicy chips.  :-)

I plan to be on this way of eating for a few weeks longer, and I'm hoping, no praying, that I develop a strong mental attitude where I can just say NO when I'm not hungry or when I don't want anything to eat.  So whereas before it was a battle between my stomach and food, now it's a battle between food and my mental capacity to say NO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment