Thursday, March 2, 2017

Day 4 of 4 - Mar 2, 2017

The fragrance of food trailing throughout the office this morning is enticing.  It smells like chicken, maybe roasted or baked with garlic roasted potatoes sprinkled with salt, black pepper and Parmesan Cheese.

Maybe I'm smelling what I would like to have, because it's 8:30am and I'm sure no one is having that for breakfast, but rather than fight it, I'm learning to embrace it, and always tell myself I can have that to eat on my off days.  :-)

Yesterday evening I had an awful battle with indigestion, once again I found myself taking 2 tums to relieve me but it took almost an hour to get some relief.   This morning I'm feeling it again.  I had a cup of green tea that helped somewhat, but I can only hope it doesn't develop in full bloom later today.  I wish I knew what was causing the problem.  If I was eating food then I would monitor my food intake, but for now my only intake has been fluids - mint tea, green tea, lemonade and water.  I have a feeling it might be the mint tea so I'm going to lay low on that for today and see what happens.

Confession: I haven't been drinking the recommended amount of lemonade this week.  I've only been able to down 32oz, and that's by forcing myself to drink it.  It's not that it doesn't taste good, it really does, but I'm not feeling it...I'm also bad at getting my water intake in.  I'm managing somewhere between 30oz - 40oz a day, I really want to get it up to 60oz, gotta keep working at it.

I had lots of energy yesterday evening when I got home so I got some painting in and then I threw in some steps.  I was so proud of myself I got 50+ active minutes, Yippee!   Got up this morning and managed 21 active minutes...boy I'm on a row with this energy! 

Our insurance company is sponsoring Yoga on the Park today and I'm pondering if I should go.  I hate driving in the evening, but I use to do yoga years ago and found it relaxing, really taught me to meditate, which is what I needed at the time.

The scale was nice to me this morning, I'm now at 163.4 but with the way my weight has been fluctuating I'm not expecting much of a change tomorrow.  However, I'm comfortable with my new low for the week.



I was watching an inspiring video last night "The Weigh we Were".  The show is produced in GA and it's about people who talk about their fight with obesity and how found ways to get their weight off and have managed to keep it off.  Losing weight is about finding what's right for you, what fits your life style and stick with it.

Tomorrow is my feast day and I'm longing to sip on a cup of soup. :-)   

No comments:

Post a Comment