Monday, March 27, 2017

Lemonade/watermelon diet 3.27.17

I have a great weekend, although a bit tiring.  Still doing a lot of work on the house which have my buns aching this morning, but I won't complain because I got lots done.

I find I can only eat 1 meal a day, where it was difficult for me to accept that initially, I decided to embrace it and move on.  I've been living in the Bahamas for years now, and there's a food they call Boil.  Well I never knew what Boil was, but I was told if you want to eat healthy by Boil.  Well Saturday when I went to the store I saw they had this Boil.  Actually all it is is boiled veggies and meat.  However, this particular day it consisted of boiled ham, cassava, sweet potatoes, cabbage and yams.  Initially I thought, ok look bland, but the seasoning they used made it fantastic.  It was a bit too much starchy veggies for me so I just had the ham, sweet potatoes, cabbage & green beans.  Now being on this diet for so long has has cause my stomach to shrink, so I was only able to eat a few spoons for lunch & dinner.  I threw the remaining in the freezer, with plans of finishing it up on Friday.  I can't get over how well seasoned it was, I loved it!

I stayed on track on Sunday also, fixing pasta for dinner and having a glass of wine (something I don't usually drink) kept me bloated for the day.  I later had 1/2 cup ice cream for desert.  I woke up this morning still feeling full and so happy to not have to worry about food for the next few days.

My weigh in this morning was 161.4 that's up 3.8lbs from Friday.  I just hope the scale is nice to me on Friday where I will see 156 - keeping fingers & toes crossed.

Today I'll be tweaking my diet with lemonade, but rather than using maple syrup to sweeten my lemonade I'll use stevia instead.  That's because watermelon has natural sugar and I don't want too much sugar in my diet.  I'm also going to try consuming much more water, something I've been slack in doing - I'll push for 60oz but 30oz will be cool to.

Here's hoping  for an eventful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment