Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lemonade/Watermelon Diet 3.28.17

This week makes 2 months for me doing the lemonade diet and maybe 3 weeks combining it with watermelon.  Right now I'm not sure when I'm going to end my journey, my focus is learning to eat right and making better decisions when putting food into my mouth.  I know I'm planning vacation in May so maybe that's when I will end it, but for now it one day at a time.  For me this way of eating is becoming habitual - eat on the weekend, diet during the week.  What I do enjoy is not having any headaches about what to cook for breakfast, lunch or dinner - hassle free.

Yesterday, my mind kept jumping back and forth on food, nothing too serious, it's just that I wanted to pop something in my mouth to chew on.  It was extremely busy in the office, what with us being short on staff, etc. so I didn't get very much in.  I managed 10oz lemonade and 30oz water.  I probably got 3-4 cups of watermelon in.  Not the best, but I'm just happy my water intake has increased.

I weighed in at 159.6 this morning, so maybe I will make it to 156 by Friday.  Once the weather warms up a bit more I have several dresses I want to begin wearing, I like how my body is changing and my clothes are fitting.  It make me happy that I've stuck with this for so long.

Several of the girls at the office are beginning their egg fast, promised to lose 24 lbs in 2 wks.  It sounds great and I was tempted to give it a shot, but watermelons are so much cheaper, plus I don't have to cook the watermelon.  Just cut it, chop it and stick it in the fridge.  So, much easier  :-)  But I won't knock the egg diet, it's something I may look at later during the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment