Monday, March 6, 2017

DAY 1 of 4 - Back at it again - 3.6.17

I had a great weekend!  The weather was nice and I was able to get some plants down in my yard, painted my front door, and almost completed painting trays with pictures of the grands.  I was also able to keep my eating healthy, but I did indulge in some chocolates Saturday & Sunday.

It's amazing how much your stomach shrinks after doing this fast, what you think you can eat and what you can actually eat is mind baffling.

I have a friend who had stomach surgery I remember we were talking and she said the most frustrating experience for her, after the surgery, is that she couldn't eat as much any more.  I thought that was crazy, I mean, how can you be frustrated for not eating much????   That was several years ago, but over the weekend I understood.  I did my fish and salad for lunch and had 2 very thin slices of cranberry oat homemade bread that I had in the freezer.  I was stuffed and could barely finish my food.  Around 7pm I thought perhaps I could have a small slice of fish and another small salad.  After all I didn't have breakfast and I only had that one meal for the day.

I only manged 2 bites of fish, and couldn't get another bite down.  I couldn't believe I had to throw everything away.  I was so upset with myself.

Sunday, I did bbq chicken & salad for dinner.  There was no breakfast or lunch.  Why force myself?  Now I understand the frustration my friend had gone through.  When you're use to eating all your life, it's hard not eating as much.

This morning I weighed in at 166 lbs that's 3 lbs more than Friday.  I'm thinking one of the reasons I was having problems with indigestion is because I didn't drink very much water last week, some days I was only getting in 20+ oz.  So, my goal is to get down 40+ oz of water or more.  It's gonna be a little difficult because it's pretty cool over here, but I will give it my best shot plus I'm going to use slightly less lemon juice.

Oh, well, here's to day 1 hoping my digestive system treats me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment